Our power sector team provides consulting services for:
- Conventional power
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency
Examples of assignments we have undertaken include:
- Bid advisory, financial modelling and sensitivity analysis: Advising GAIL (India) on a successful bid for a 5 MW solar PV project in Rajasthan
- Private sector participation in electricity distribution: Working for Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) to advise NEA on the formulation and implementation of a distribution PPP pilot programme in 3 areas in Nepal. This programme should produce models that can be used for expansion of distribution PPP
- Strategy formulation for private sector participation: Advising Asian Development Bank on increasing private sector investment in the electricity sector in Nepal, including identifying required government, legal, regulatory and institutional reforms, to create "Nepal Country Partnership Strategy (2013-2017): Private Sector Assessment"
- Developing legal framework for electricity distribution reform: Working for the Forum of Regulators in India to develop a model legislation and operational framework for the financial restructuring of the state distribution companies
- Regulatory support to state power sector utility: Advising Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam, a state power distribution company in Gujarat, India on reviewing its business plan and determining its tariffs and presenting these to the regulator and state government
- Review of licenses to private companies for a state regulator: Advising Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission, the regulator for Maharashtra in India on issuing power transmission licenses to private sector companies
Chandrashekar Iyer, Managing Director of Meghraj Capital Advisors, has written an article titled The Indian Sunshine - The Solar Energy Landscape in India.pdf.