Our specialist funds team in Jersey and Mauritius offers a comprehensive fund administration service. Our clients range from regulated collective investment funds through to unregulated and smaller investment-club type syndicates and span a variety of classes including real estate, private equity and other asset classes. The value of assets held within each individual fund structure typically ranges from millions to hundreds of millions of US dollars.
Jersey benefits from a flexible and accommodating fund regime which offers a full spectrum of regulatory classes including lighter touch and wholly unregulated offerings. Through our Mauritius office, we are particularly well placed to assist clients with structures investing into the African and Indian subcontinents, making use of Mauritius’ beneficial double tax treaties. In 2006, we were involved in the formation of the first Indian real estate focused fund to be listed on the Euronext exchange which utilised the expertise of our Jersey and Mauritius offices.
We also provide services to investment funds and functionaries which are domiciled outside Jersey and Mauritius, for example in the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands or other offshore jurisdictions.
We work closely with our clients and their advisors throughout the life cycle of the fund.
We provide a single point of contact for fund establishment including:
- Coordinating advice from local and international lawyers and advisors
- Obtaining the necessary regulatory consents, certifications and licences
- Reviewing the fund documentation, including drafts of the prospectus
- Assistance with identification and sourcing of suitable non-executive directors
- Establishment of the fund and underlying investment holding vehicles
Thereafter, we offer comprehensive and tailored secretarial, administrative, accounting, registrar and transfer agency services including:
- Provision of registered office and company secretarial services
- Provision of resident directors and officers
- Board meeting facilitation and support
- Processing fund subscriptions and related investor due diligence
- Processing transfers and redemptions
- Fund accounting and preparation of financial statements
- Net asset value calculations and reporting
- Investor communications and reporting
- Arrangement of annual audit
- Management of banking facilities
- Maintenance of statutory records and registers
We also provide similar services to fund functionaries including investment managers and advisors.